11.17.2012

Paris is Always a Good Idea - Day One

Vinny and I decided to burn the last of our vacation time and take an offer to tag along with another couple to Paris! Chris has been friends with Vinny since high school and once he married Laura we became instant double daters. Unfortunately they live in Florida so we have to do crazy things like meet up with them in Paris! It was a short trip, we arrived in Paris on Tuesday morning and left Friday evening. In our usual travel-style we crammed in as much as we could in our short time there! The couple we were with had never traveled internationally so it was fun to visit Paris through those eyes again.

We ended up renting an apartment to share, which I definitely recommend! It's usually not cost-effective when we are on our own so we were all over it for this trip. We love experiencing an authentic neighborhood and living European style (confusing showers, laundry in the kitchen, amazing architecture, etc). On our first day we hit up the Eiffel tower (from afar), Arc De Triomphe, Champs-Élysées, Notre Dame, and the Pantheon.




















The Foucault pendulum in the Pantheon - it was conceived in 1851 to demonstrate the rotation of the earth!




Our nightly ritual!

2 Comment on this post:

Alison November 20, 2012 at 10:01 AM  

These pictures are SO incredible; your eye for the beautiful and humorous is sharp. You should work PR for the tourism industry, because after seeing these I want to book a trip to Paris now (mainly to take a pic of that red construction sign. It cracks me up!) Thanks for sharing your travel adventures.

ana January 15, 2013 at 3:44 PM  

Hi there! I've been a longtime reader of your blog (I die over your vacations pics)... I almost fell over when I saw the hotel sign in the third photo. My mother in law, sisters in law and I spend 5 glorious days in Paris (almost a year to the day you were there) and stayed at that hotel! Thanks for bringing back the fantastic memories.

Menu Planning

I no longer share my weekly menu because it is rather boring since changing our eating habits. However, you can see the historical list in these places!

VAMH in the Kitchen
Half of VAMH Menu Planning

Looking for me?

Drop me an email!
Blog header designed by me :) Photography in header and sidebar by Melissa Oholendt

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP