10.16.2012

Barbie Dream House

As a little girl I had a Barbie Dream House, a My Little Pony Castle, a She-Ra Palace. This summer I met my adult equivalent. 39 Bluestem in Watercolor, Florida.

For the past two years we have crashed at Dusty's in-law's condo for our annual girl's weekend. Then her in-law's decided to sell the condo -- leaving ten girls to make a decision on where we should go next. Riiiight. Lucky for us, Beth was turning 35 and her generous husband decided to give her an amazing birthday gift. A weekend in a beautiful home with all of her friends! Thank you Mr. Boppy!

Beth, Kent and I arrived first (after stopping for my first boiled peanut, cotton field and pecan factory - welcome to the South)! If you've ever see Real World, you can imagine the scene.



Ahhhhh....we made it!


After we got over the beauty of the exterior, we headed inside. First stop, this gorgeous (and later, well utilized) screened porch. The screened porch offered a floor to ceiling fireplace, wood plank flooring, abundant seating and yes, those gorgeous red chairs.


Next up, well....I'll let it speak for itself. I was speechless on that day, I'll continue that today.










Alright, time to see where the magic happens (MTV reference #2). The bedrooms. Right down the hallway. The hallway of all hallways. Sliding barn door. CHECK. Mudroom. CHECK. Wallpapered half bath. CHECK. Three drum lights. CHECK. CHECK. CHECK.


Master Bedroom - aka - the haven for the birthday girl (Beth) and her co-sleeper, Dusty! (check out that nail head trimmed headboard, drool)


Upstairs there were three bedrooms and a loft area - the house slept all ten of us, very comfortably. Not to mention bathrooms, three showers! It normally takes our group 3+ hours to get ready, in this house - 1.5 hours. This is the cute loft area at the top of the stairs. It featured these bunks and a sitting area with a full couch, chair and TV.


If this room didn't have a dead cow on the floor, it would've been my favorite. I like color :)


To say we were excited is quite the understatement.


Check out Beth's tour on her blog!

6 Comment on this post:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards October 17, 2012 at 7:04 AM  

Holy cow!!! That is amazing. So much to look at. I love the exterior and the porch. And that open living area is dreamy.

Red Fraggle October 18, 2012 at 7:04 PM  

That looks AWESOME. I have serious envy of the whole house, but the planked walls are really making me sad since we just got vetoed in installing them into our son's room since our walls are too uneven. Boo! But what a gorgeous house. Glad you guys had such a fun time!

Freckles Chick October 23, 2012 at 3:48 PM  

::dead::
Are you kidding me?! What a gem of a house!! Kudos to Beth's hubby. I only get gifts from Mr. FC when he screws up. Kidding. But seriously.

As always, y'all look like such a fab, fun group of gals/whores. =]

Thx for your sweet words on our family pics, girl!

xoxo

Calvin November 16, 2012 at 12:31 PM  

The house looks magnificent in every way! Is your friend the one who owns it or is there another owner? Either way, you and your friends are lucky to have experienced living in a house like that. No wonder you dream of having a house just like it! Maybe someday, you can find a house that’s as awesome as that one.


@Calvin Mordarski

Sage Leung February 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM  

I agree, Allison. The house is just wonderful! Having this property will bring pure joy to any home owner. It’s like those houses you see in design magazines, where only celebrities live in it. Well, you were certainly lucky to stay in such place. This can really be called a dream house to anybody.


-Sage L.

Genny March 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM  

Wow! This is indeed a beautiful home. If I get a chance to stay in this house, I would really be delighted and I’d consider it as one of the most remarkable experiences in my life. Well, I’m currently in a house hunting process. I hope that I can find a gorgeous house like this one and I wish that it fits within my budget as well! :p

Genny Stutesman

Menu Planning

I no longer share my weekly menu because it is rather boring since changing our eating habits. However, you can see the historical list in these places!

VAMH in the Kitchen
Half of VAMH Menu Planning

Looking for me?

Drop me an email!
Blog header designed by me :) Photography in header and sidebar by Melissa Oholendt

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP