1.12.2012

Girls Gone Wild

(I'm probably going to regret that post title)

Breakdown of our annual girl's get-together from September! We were blessed to return to Fort Myers, FL this year. That place is heaven on earth y'all! Even without nine of your best friends it would be amazing. We stay at a condo on the Marriot Sanibel Harbour Resort property (and frequent their pool and restaurants quite often!). It is so beautiful and peaceful, big enough to escape rowdy bishes like us even!

Let's get to the pictures shall we?

Together at last! We hadn't seen Emily since she became a mom, at least two years. It was a wonderful reunion. These girls are my sisters from another mother.


First stop....liquor store....(I'll be honest, our eyes are a lot bigger than our tolerance, most of those bottles went home full or close-to-it!). 


We did a lot of Skyping with the "missing" girls, the hubby and kids at home too! Not the most glamorous shot but a glimpse of us Skyping with Natalie. If you look close enough you can see my mascara streaked across my face from crying -- she started it!! It truly wasn't the same without her!




Drunken Skype with Mandy -- I can't imagine what it was like to hear 9 loud, drunk, giggling girls, all talking at (delayed) once over the computer. It was a good time for all!


Get outta town with this kid! I love G and his mama.


Lets get this party started! We made ourselves at home at the condo pool, which was completely ours for the most part (we scared away a few couples I think).






Mmmmm....Beth made some awesome guacamole! We ate it before we could even make it down to the pool!


The following night, once everyone had officially arrived, we headed out on the town. Beth made reservations at the best restaurant on the water, Doc Ford's. Delicious food, great view, live band, hottest bartender ON EARTH! Poor fella had no idea what hit him when we made our way to the bar! He was a great sport and I'm pretty sure I tipped him 50%.






From there we made it to the beachside bar we hit up last year. We walked on the beach, drank ourselves to silliness and danced our asses off. To the point that I attempted to leave the beach with two different shoes on, one on the wrong foot. Wowza -- good times.




Luckily, I was in good company with some drinking experts! Woke up the next morning feeling perfectly fine (alka seltzer before bed!). We spent our final day on Sanibel beach, squealing in the ocean and continuing our grand.ol.time.




Our attempt at creating this picture....FAIL.


We made it back to our condo in time to shower, get ready and see this beautiful sunset (this is SOOC, iPhone camera!!).


Hopefully our annual pier group shot!


See you next year ladies - love you, mean it!


If you have any questions about Sanibel Island or Fort Myers, let me know!

2 Comment on this post:

Mandy @ This Girl's Life January 12, 2012 at 3:24 PM  

Awe...such a great recap! And I made it in! :)

Beth @ UnskinnyBoppy January 13, 2012 at 12:42 PM  

Ahhhhhh I love this post. LOVE. I've never had a happy place quite like Fort Myers and Sanibel has become for me over the past few years with you girls. Just heavenly. It's right up there with my bass boat. And that's saying a LOT.

Menu Planning

I no longer share my weekly menu because it is rather boring since changing our eating habits. However, you can see the historical list in these places!

VAMH in the Kitchen
Half of VAMH Menu Planning

Looking for me?

Drop me an email!
Blog header designed by me :) Photography in header and sidebar by Melissa Oholendt

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP