1.15.2010

DIY Jewelry Organization Re-visited

In typical Allison fashion...I blogged about my DIY earring organizer in OCTOBER 2008. At the time I complained, "my bracelets are still ALL over the bathroom counter, any ideas on how to store those?"

Well...not-so-fast-forward to JANUARY 2010 and I finally have a bracelet solution. And better necklace solution, as well as a 'hoop/stud earring' solution. Hot diggity-damn!

A $3.99 paper towel holder from Target for bracelets:


Small drinking glass turned stud, pendant and hoop holder:


Necklaces hanging on key holders under the original earring organizer:



Yeah sure, this means there is still "stuff" on the counter -- but for me, this is as organized as it gets!

17 Comment on this post:

Brandy January 16, 2010 at 1:10 AM  

ohmigosh! so adorable!! This totally inspires me to make something similar!

Savanah January 16, 2010 at 1:23 AM  

I never understood why organizing couldn't be cute and stylish; the task can be such a bore sometimes, but when you get creative, it's all fun!

You've got a lovely touch. :)

Kathy January 16, 2010 at 8:38 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy January 16, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

You did a great job! The paper towel holder is genius! I just bought my daughter two hanging jewelry organizers for her stuff. If she uses it, it may work!

Kent January 16, 2010 at 2:08 PM  

Genious!!!!

eatnapa January 16, 2010 at 5:57 PM  

great ideas!! i've been wondering how to store my long necklaces. :)

Katie January 16, 2010 at 6:01 PM  

i really like the paper towel holder - i have a ton of bracelets and have always wanted a better way to store them! i have a white ceramic egg crate from anthropologie that i'm currently using for earrings.

ps - i'm jealous of your jewelry collection :-)

MV January 16, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

This looks like a much better way to store jewelry. Mine is stuffed in a teeny jewelry box and random hooks in my closet! Thanks for the inspiring post and I love all your earrings!

superchixor January 17, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

I have tons of jewelry and use this-

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/closet/accessoryStorage/jewelry?productId=10000144

I also work with a jewelry designer(I make jewelry for her) and it's best to keep your real stuff(Sterling, gold) in air tight baggies when not wearing. Will keep them shiney longer! :)

One Pork Chop January 18, 2010 at 9:51 AM  

this makes me realize that I am extremely under-accessorized!

Freckles Chick January 23, 2010 at 12:39 AM  

Girl, you make jewelry organization look SO divine. Papertowel holder + bracelets = a work of art. Genius! And I'm in love w/ that ornate frame in the most obsessed way!

orange sugar March 30, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

Just found a jewelry organizer DIY very similar to yours. Except it has built in hooks for necklaces, bracelets and rings. In case anyone is interested.

http://www.queenofdiy.com/organization/diy-hanging-jewelry-holder.html

Garret August 11, 2010 at 3:37 PM  

These blogs about DIY Jewelry are amazing. My wife loves doing this type of stuff at it will help her out!

barbara garwood jewelry

famfa September 16, 2011 at 5:17 PM  

Cool

Jackie October 23, 2011 at 5:15 PM  

So neat!
I never would of thought of this myself.
We featured your post at:
http://southernbellesshoppes.com/?p=7322

Adrianna January 20, 2012 at 8:19 AM  

I just shared the bracelet idea on my blog, great idea, thanks for sharing!

http://theadornation.wordpress.com

muneeza shahid June 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM  

All the jewelry carrying material that you have shared are unique and creative. I would definitely want a few of them for keeping my jewelry safe.

Pearl Jewelry

Pearl Necklaces

Freshwater Pearls

Hank Hendricks

Menu Planning

I no longer share my weekly menu because it is rather boring since changing our eating habits. However, you can see the historical list in these places!

VAMH in the Kitchen
Half of VAMH Menu Planning

Looking for me?

Drop me an email!
Blog header designed by me :) Photography in header and sidebar by Melissa Oholendt

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP