10.08.2008

DIY Jewelry Organizer

2011 UPDATED Post!

One day I woke up and decided to up my personal accessory level. In other words, I went from a girl with two pairs of silver hoops, to a girl with a plethora of dangles and baubles. Spread all across the bathroom counter.

Those of you that know me know that I am not an organized person but this was getting out of control. With a few simple ingredients I was able to create a cute, and functional jewelry organizer.
  • Frame (thank you Clive and Mary - our previous owners that left a pile of frames in the basement. The abandoned frames also helped with this project!)
  • Wire Mesh (Found in the fencing section at Home Depot)
  • Staple Gun
  • Tin snips/Wire cutters
  • S hooks (Home Depot, screw/nails section)
  • Cowboy ribbon (ok..it doesn't have to be cowboy, but why not?)




The downside to what I created is that my bracelets are still ALL over the bathroom counter, any ideas on how to store those?

Not interested in DIY? Here are a couple very similar to mine for sale on Etsy!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15628963
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13881207
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15947772

13 Comment on this post:

Kim & Ryan October 8, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

This is SO cool. I have the same problem with jewelry everywhere. Thanks for sharing. I may be trying this.

G+D October 8, 2008 at 9:36 PM  

I just love this! You did SUCH an awesome job!! I don't have much jewelry but I still think I need one of these. Love it!

Freckles Chick October 12, 2008 at 11:22 AM  

Ohhh, I'm jealous of your bling collection (like Mean Girls jealous). I adore this, esp. since my jewelry's just in a heap. Fab idea!
I wonder if you could hang a small dowel rod or something from this for your bracelets?

Jennifer Ramos October 18, 2008 at 1:34 AM  

GREAT idea!! I really LOVE the black frame you used...!

Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards & More'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Amber Louise May 9, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

I've been holding onto a frame to do something like this, but couldn't come up with a good way to do it!! Thank you!

The Rambler May 10, 2009 at 2:14 AM  

WOW.

Came over from Tip Junkie.

I LOVE this idea.

sana June 15, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

For bracelets I use long nails hammered into my organizing board. It'll hold a bangle or two, or several thin bracelets

disa September 1, 2009 at 2:28 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tara March 16, 2011 at 9:11 PM  

Hi! I just posted this to my blog at http://tarahutchjewelryblog.com/2011/03/16/lookie-what-i-found-online/

I love the frame you used for this project!

Tara

deedward January 4, 2012 at 3:26 PM  

I saw on Pinterest where someone used a few bottles (i think they were Corona bottles!!) to put all their bangle bracelets on. Was really cute!!!!

deedward January 4, 2012 at 3:27 PM  

I saw on Pinterest where someone used a few bottles (i think they were Corona bottles!!) to put all their bangle bracelets on. Was really cute!!!!

Grammy Chic January 13, 2012 at 5:13 AM  

The bottles are a cute idea - they could be painted and "dressed up" to our liking! One thing I've thought about doing is attaching thread spools to a jewelry frame and hanging bracelets on..?

MsXpat January 21, 2012 at 3:38 PM  

Uber creative! I luv this so much. I discovered it via Pinterest :0)

Menu Planning

I no longer share my weekly menu because it is rather boring since changing our eating habits. However, you can see the historical list in these places!

VAMH in the Kitchen
Half of VAMH Menu Planning

Looking for me?

Drop me an email!
Blog header designed by me :) Photography in header and sidebar by Melissa Oholendt

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP